Ordering lab tests online without a doctor is becoming extremely popular for people without or even with insurance. Many companies are emerging to help offer answers to health questions and the best way to answer health questions are through lab tests.
Lab testing accounts for at least 70% of medical diagnosis and some health problems or diseases can ONLY be diagnosed based on a lab test. Without the use of lab work, health becomes a guessing game and trying to treat medical conditions this way can cause more issues down the road especially when treating with conventional medicines and not understanding health risks involved with using natural remedies.
Here is a list of benefits to ordering lab tests online:
- No waiting for a doctor’s appointment to order a lab test
- Order lab tests not commonly ordered by doctors
- Take control of your health and further your education on how your body works and what it needs to reach optimal health
- Some insurances can reimburse the cost of lab tests online
- Discovering problems in your lab work now will save you money, in the long run, taking away the trial and error
- There are doctors available to discuss lab results online who also understand the importance of lab testing
- Discover health problems at discounted prices when you DON’T have health insurance
- Some lab tests can be done at home without a blood draw
- Keep your problems to yourself. STD testing can be ordered online (healthcare workers appreciate this confidentiality).
How ordering online lab tests help people without health insurance
For many of us, especially without insurance, the ability to order lab testing online has been a blessing!
44 million American’s are currently uninsured. There was a time in my life when I was uninsured and that was when I was laid off from a full-time job. Most companies also have a 90 day waiting period before you can even pay for health insurance when you do find a new job.
In the past, people (like myself) went to urgent care or the ER for any acute health problems and chronic problems, you would just have to wait or search the internet for natural alternatives leading to the guessing game.
You can pay cash for lab testing at urgent care and some offer a discount with no insurance but you would still have to pay for the urgent care visit and a hefty amount for a lab test. Chances are, urgent care physicians may order the wrong tests or not enough testing since you are a one time patient and they have many others to see that day.
I have been there and I know the frustration. There are other problems that can happen even after you finally get health insurance.
How ordering online lab tests help people WITH health insurance
You’ve landed yourself a great job that offers health insurance at a discounted rate, YAY! But, you’re now working overtime to meet a serious deadline pressuring you to not take time off for a doctors appointment. For some of us, when a doctor does order labs, you will have to get your blood drawn at a later date when you are fasting causing more time missed at work.
For some conditions, it could take several doctors appointments and referrals to figure out a problem. Discovering an imbalance of hormones is a great example of medical conditions often overlooked as well as hormone lab testing not routinely ordered. High testosterone in women is especially missed by primary care physicians.
Hormones are not routinely ordered by primary care physicians for women until they hit the age of menopause around 50 years old. Menopause can actually occur as early as 30 years old in some women and most women don’t find out about any type of hormone imbalance until years later when more and more symptoms pile on.
Some women live with unbearable symptoms for 10 or 15 years before finally getting the right diagnosis and treatment. – CNN
Hormone imbalance is extremely common in women with many hormone disruptors in our environment. Yet, doctors resort to improving diet and exercise then waiting to see if there are any improvements in the next appointment 6 months to a year later. I explain more about bias judgment and misdiagnosis more in this article here.
If you’re lucky enough to get some lab testing done or even your hormones levels tested, you may run into a problem when physicians only look at critical values as a concern.
Lab test results show normal levels, high, low, and critical. A lab tech like myself knows that something could be off inside your body even if your lab tests are in the normal range or slightly outside of the norm. Physicians are mainly concerned about critical levels. This is what I call, only diagnosing and treating when its too late and symptoms become extreme.
Physicians have many patients to see and I have seen them glance at lab results in less than 30 seconds only looking for that *critical result.
Unbalanced hormones will often show in the normal ranges but one is elevated when it shouldn’t be. This imbalance will cause you to have chronic fatigue, headaches, weight gain, etc.
Ordering lab tests online at your fingertips can help you look at the results in detail and discover these slight imbalances that may be hidden for some physicians especially hormones that primary care physicians are not trained to understand thoroughly.
The lab testing online company I’m going to recommend has physicians to discuss your lab test results with you, chosen to look at them on a deeper level than a typical primary care physician. Health blogs are also great resources to help discover hormonal imbalances such as the Hypothyroid Mom.
How can you find the best online lab testing at the lowest price
This lab tech researched ALL of the online lab testing platforms and discovered True Health Labs as the BEST and Cheapest.
What makes True Health Labs the best?
- Most extensive online lab testing available at the lowest price
- Offers their physicians consultation to help analyze your lab results
- Offers blood testing at facilities such as Lab Corp close to you
- Offers easy at home testing kit options such as saliva testing
- The blood draws are free and shipping is free
- Get results in as little as 3 days up to a week
- Ordering is EASY and requisitions, as well as results, are sent to your e-mail
- Lowest Price Guaranteed! They will price match any lab test if you find one somewhere else at a cheaper price
- Offer a rewards discount “Spend $1, receive 1 point. Earn 500 points and receive $30 store credits.”
- Responding to surveys will give you more reward points
- Build a custom lab panel
Not only is True Health Labs the cheapest online testing platform, but I am also more impressed with the testing available.
Many other companies offer just a few lab options to choose and the ones that do offer a more extensive lab test list are much more costly.
True Health Labs offer individual tests, panels and categories to discover what you need. The categories offered are:
- Blood sugar
- Health, Fitness, Prevention
- Heart Health
- Infectious Disease
- Large test panel – Amino Acids
- Lyme Disease
- Vitamins Minerals Heavy Metals
- Delta Institute Panel
- Nutritional Supplements
Most health conditions go unnoticed and untreated until it’s too late. Cancer, for example, is so deadly because of the failure to diagnose and treat early. Cancer rates and cancer-related deaths are increasing at astronomical levels. A change is needed in our healthcare system and the ability to order our own lab tests online might save your life even if you currently have health insurance. I discuss cancer prevalence and prevention more here.
To explore True Health Labs and begin ordering lab tests online start here.